Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's a baby!

*mumble mumble* busy *mumble* working *mumble* lazy.

One of those three is right. Probably more than one. Possibly all of the above. A bad blogger is me!

Things have been pretty busy recently. Today we had our Big Ultrasound (tm), which consisted of the Tech pointing and clicking lots at the baby, the baby chewing her fingers, filling her bladder, and generally being uncooperative as possible. She didn't stop moving, she shifted at exactly the wrong times, and I think managed to flip completely at least once.

I can see this parenting thing is going to be fun!

Anywhoo, we decided that the baby was British a few weeks ago because she "drives" on the left. Now we've had it confirmed as throught 99% of the ultrasound she refused to uncross her legs. I guess that's really a good thing, and I'm sure I'll be referring to it frequently in the future (around her teenage years no doubt), but we did get one fairly clear shot. Judging by the lack of exterior equipment, we're having a girl!

Of course, we knew this. We've known this for a good few months now. I know she's going to have dark-brown hair (which is likely to get darker as she gets older, unless she dyes it or something). I know she's going to be Trouble. I know she prefers to be called Bella. I know she likes signing, but demands it be done *properly*. I know these things, because I've talked to her and she's talked to me.

I also know she thinks I'm silly about some things, and that she has to be patient and translate stuff from Bella to Dad at times because I simply don't *get* it. But I don't really feel all that special in that regard. We've agreed that I'll do my best to keep up with things, but I barely understand my own generation and hers is going to be worse. C'est la vie.

I'm just glad it's not a football headed, tentacle limbed mutant. Whilst I'm sure there's some epic karma payback for birthing a Great Eldar God, I don't think the world is ready for Cthulhu to awaken and unleash her terrible vengeance... and that goes double for a female version of Stewie. I'm happy she's got the appropriate number of appendages and is healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment