Friday, July 31, 2009

A most curious place...

I'm in the nursery! *runs around screaming very quietly*

Bam's asleep, so I'm sat through in the baby's room cleaning baby stuff, moving things, and generally goofing around. Foobar (my awesome WinAmp replacement) has decided to play Adiemus for a while, and I'm feeling oddly *creative*. Bam wants us to paint the nursery (probably pink), but I've been struck recently by a lot of interesting wall designs. There's a couple of companies that send me e-catalogs (the only one I can remember offhand is Tatouage Designs), and I love the idea of a nice mural instead of painting the whole room one flat colour. I always wanted a mural in my room when I was small, or a Trompe L'oiel window - Bella gives me the excuse to make it happen!

So I look around the room, and I listen to Adiemus, and I think... "Gee, I used to paint. I used to paint itty bitty teeny tiny things. Why couldn't we design and paint a mural?". I picture a black tree with long branches, either in the corner or behind the crib, with pegs to hang things off, and little accents which she'll appreciate as she's older. I picture the branches extending across the ceiling, and it being decorated with white christmas tree lights. I picture white flowers (or photographs and notes) stuck along the branches in Spring as a surprise ("Look Bella, your tree flowered!). I picture all sorts of things, and it all looks so cool!

Of course, we've already started piling stuff in the nursery, so it's going to be a pain moving it, and we'd need to cover carpets etc... and we don't have any of the original paint so any mistakes are going to have to be worked in... and it's sometimes hard finding time... and we'd have to let the smell die down... and... and... and... it'll probably never happen, but I'll work on it :) Even if I end up running around with a sharpie or something! I remember seeing an awesome technique with a slide and a projector - project the image on the wall, trace it then paint it. I wonder if I could adapt that with some printer acetates and a torch...

We visited the OB today for one of our regular monthly appointments and the results of the ultrasound. Everything is progressing fine as expected and Bella is a happy, active baby. Doc had to run off to a delivery, so we cut the appointment short and covered just the essentials - with things going fine there's not much to worry about anyway. We did have a laugh in the waiting room. It was a BUSY day at the OB today and both Mom and Bam remarked on it. I whispered to Bam that it was mainly newbies so it'd go quick, she was confused so I told her "count the bumps" - half the women in there weren't showing at all!. She had to pass that onto Mom, and we had a quick giggle in the corner. Newbie appointments go way fast when there isn't a bump to deal with!

The next month is going to bring a lot of changes, moreso than July did. My mom is moving, her last day at her job was today! Nan goes off for surgery (shoulder and foot)! We reach viability (woot!) and move closer to the third trimester! We were remarking yesterday how time seems to have caught up again - it seems only a few days ago we were celebrating July 4 and the ultrasound, now we're moving into August!


No comments:

Post a Comment