Sunday, June 21, 2009

Slipping already!

Wow, the whole updating every day thing didn't last long!

It's been a busy few days. Yesterday we spent with my wife's mom and family - Reiki tutoring in the morning and Litha celebration in the evening. Reiki is an interesting thing and something I've wanted to learn about for a while - I've lived by Usui Sensei's principles for years now, and finally learning stuff was very interesting. A lot of it *felt* familiar, like I'd seen or heard it before, but I didn't know how to get to it. Once we got started with the practical work, it was awesome. The group I was working with was excellent and we all learned and grokked.

Litha celebrations were also facinating. I sat out of most of it and kept the dogs company (and their water bowl full, they emptied it twice!), but I was able to watch and learn. Afterwards one of the kids asked me to help her catch fireflies, which I failed miserably at. My eyes can't adjust to light levels fast enough to track them when they stop flaring, and so I always ended up in the wrong place. I'm going to have to spend some time practicing before the offspring arrives!

Today was a cleaning day. After avoiding caffeine, sugar and meat for 3 days, then Reiki cleansing yesterday, I felt it was about time to do some cleaning in the house. We've now got a cleaned out fridge! Hopefully I'll be able to do something else later, but it's rest (and blog!) time for now. I've fallen out of the habit and I need to keep writing stuffs down!

No comments:

Post a Comment