Sunday, June 14, 2009

People steal my names!

So, I decide to blog at last, and I come across the big hurdle I usually face when blogging. Some sonovabitch has stolen my usernames.

Not just one of 'em either, *all* of them. Any name I've conceivably used online in the past decade is in use. What the hell, people?

It's not like these people are *using* their blogs either. One of them hasn't been updated in 6 years. SIX YEARS. Another is 5 years dead. What's up with that? At least delete your crap so someone else can use it, why doesn't Blogger do that automagically?

"Dear Asshat. We see you've got bored of blogging, and your meaningless droning is wasting our HD space and electrons. Either update your crap, or GTFO. Thanks, Blogger.com" That's all it'd take. I bet a good 30-40% of people don't even have access to the relevant e-mail address any more anyway, that cuts out a few thousand wasted pages... then a bunch of other folks will be motivated to do stuff to their blog and it'll at least dull the pain of someone cybersquatting my identity and making me look like an emo freak (or worse, French).

And all the folk who would then furiously complain? well... they'd be blogging it, wouldn't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment