Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Long time no... stuff

Hello blog. It's been a while. Nearly 2 months it seems. That's odd - it feels like just a week or two ago I was blogging, and then I stopped.

I have more respect for people who actually keep a blog. I can barely keep a diary, the only way I know stuff has happened is to write it on the whiteboard calendar, then transfer it off at the end of the month!

It's been a busy 2 months. We now have a nursery. We now have piles of baby things (thanks to some awesome help from the Universe and a great baby shower). We're 35 weeks done today and I had predicted that we'd be going into labor, but at least we're prepared if we do. The changing table should arrive in a few minutes... baby can take longer if she needs to.

I do like the nursery, mainly because I painted it. It's often said (at least to me) that having children is a chance to do the stuff you didn't get to do when you were small. I've somewhat taken that to heart, and intend to poop all over the house, throw things, and throw up as much as possible.

Kidding!

I've somewhat taken that to heart, and tried to make Bella's room the room I wanted when I was small. I didn't want to repaint the entire thing, there's too much to move and too much to do otherwise. So, behind the crib (opposite the windows) is a tree, painted on the wall. It needs wildlife still, but it's winter so they're all hiding (honest!). It needs a little doorway under the crib in the trunk, and I can see a million little bits which needs touched up ... but I'm assured it's perfect. Yesterday we moved the crib into it's final position and made it up (with the *awesome* Mushroom crib set my wife won from bTrendie). After doing everything else, I had a rummage in the Box Of Things Not Dealt With (tm) and found the Twilight Turtle which she also won from bTrendie (we're kinda lovin' bTrendie at the moment :D) and turned it on to see what it looked like.

Wow.

Seriously. If that thing had been around when I was small I'd have killed for it. I'd have beaten other children and stolen their pocket money. I'd have washed cars. Hell, I'd have stolen cars. It's the most awesome thing ever! It projects a star map onto the ceiling, but because of how the nursery is designed it actually projects mostly on the ceiling but partly on the tree. I don't know where they got their estimates for room sizes - I think you could set one up in Wembley and still hit the stands!. Light blue (or green) stars don't show up on the dark tree surface, but they show wonderfully on the light wall around it, so it gives the effect of seeing stars THROUGH the branches! It's epicly cool!

I've already said I want one for in our bedroom too... I'm currently plotting how to spend as much time in the nursery as possible. Baby Bella, I love you to bits... but I'm afraid I'm going to be playing with your toys a lot. Blame my father - he did exactly the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment